Tankless Hot Water Heaters in Courtenay
A traditional hot water system’s major drawback is its standby and transferable energy loss. Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, do not include storage tanks and produce hot water "on-demand" thus saving energy. At Vent-Air Heating & Refrigeration, we have the skills and expertise to install, repair, and service tankless hot water heaters in Courtenay.
Electrically Powered Systems
Speak to us about your needs. At Vent Air we have electric and gas heated tankless solutions.
The energy efficiency of gas-fired models has been rated at between 78% and 85% for standard models, and at between 91% and 96% for condensing gas storage models.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
Tradional hot water tanks use energy when you are not using water. The heat is being stored in the tank at a certain temperature. Because of this energy is wasted. An on-demand- tankless hot water heater does not include a tank and heats water only when you need it and a faucet is open. They can also offer energy savings ability by reducing the thermal losses to the environment. Other benefits of tankless water heaters are:
- Save valuable space
- Endless hot water
- Limited upkeep costs
- Zero energy consumption when not in use.
- Reliability for the long haul (in excess of 20 years) as compared to traditional water heater systems (10 to 15 years)
- Minimal energy loss
- No tank bacteria buildup
- Reduction of water heaters in landfills
Their disadvantages include:
- A limited volume of hot water that is available at one same time from several faucets
- Possible variations in water temperature, if several faucets are on at the same time
- Possible several-second delay between the moment at which the faucet is turned on and the moment at which the water turns hot
- Possibility of the water not being very hot when the flow is reduced